Starting last year lace shorts were becoming more and more popular as the summer went on and then the seasons changed, but that didn’t stop the shorts from coming back this spring season. Last summer I saw lost of lace shorts that were higher priced that looked fabulous but you didn’t want to have to sell an arm for so I found a solution, DIY! This is a great way to create the shorts you desire and not break your piggy bank while doing it!
What you will need:
- Pair of soffee shorts(or any shorts you want to use)
- Lace fabric
- Fabric glue
Steps to creating lace shorts:
1. Go to your nearest craft store and find the lace that you would love to see on your new pair of shorts. Great places to find lace fabric would be Jo-Ann Fabric Store or Michael’s.
2. Take a pair of shorts, I recommend Soffee shorts, they are comfortable and great for this type of project! Take your shorts and lay them out with the strips of lace on top.
3. Measure and cut the strips of lace so that it will be the same length as your shorts.
4. Take your fabric glue and glue just the top part of the lace so that you get a layered look! You want to start your next line of lace right about where the previous one ended.
5. After you are done applying the strips of lace to your shorts make sure you hang them up to dry all the way before wearing them!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY and to try it out for yourself! It is a simple and easy way to create the look without having to go and buy $100 pair of shorts!