Maxi skirts are becoming a thing that every person will need to have in their wardrobe by the time summer starts. It is a great piece that you could wear with almost anything! From crop tops to cardigans you could put tons of outfits together with this staple piece! Many stores are coming out with their rendition of the maxi skirt but most of them are just the plain cotton fabric skirt that is long and can be heavy.
If you want to switch it up and create your own skirt you can try the following directions that will give you a mini to maxi skirt! The mini skirt is put underneath the maxi skirt that is sheer so you can see the mini underneath. The directions are incredibly easy to follow so don’t be afraid to try them!
What you will need:
- Stretch cotton mini skirt
- 2 pieces of lace 1 yard each (may need to be shorter or longer depending on your height)
- Sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Take your cotton mini skirt and start pinning the lace to the waist band of the skirt( the width of each piece is up to you, depending on your size and how much you want gathered)
- In order to create the gathered look and to prevent the skirt from losing the stretch, stretch the waist band tight while pinning the lace onto the band.
- Once you have finished pinning the lace, sew it into place(You want to pull the elastic tight while you sew just like you did when pinning it)
- Hem and sides and edges that you have left that need attention
For more step by step help and pictures that describe what you are doing please check out the following website