Spring is all about dressing in your cute pastel clothes and enjoying the decent weather. Many events happen in the months of spring such as graduations, parties, weddings, whatever you may be attening you will always need something to wear. The perfect item to wear in spring time is dresses. They are easy to put together and look adorable on! Dresses work well for any girl, no matter what shape you are. Below are different dresses that you could sport during your spring season!
Maxi skirts are becoming a thing that every person will need to have in their wardrobe by the time summer starts. It is a great piece that you could wear with almost anything! From crop tops to cardigans you could put tons of outfits together with this staple piece! Many stores are coming out with their rendition of the maxi skirt but most of them are just the plain cotton fabric skirt that is long and can be heavy.
If you want to switch it up and create your own skirt you can try the following directions that will give you a mini to maxi skirt! The mini skirt is put underneath the maxi skirt that is sheer so you can see the mini underneath. The directions are incredibly easy to follow so don’t be afraid to try them!
What you will need:
- Stretch cotton mini skirt
- 2 pieces of lace 1 yard each (may need to be shorter or longer depending on your height)
- Sewing machine
- Sewing pins
- Take your cotton mini skirt and start pinning the lace to the waist band of the skirt( the width of each piece is up to you, depending on your size and how much you want gathered)
- In order to create the gathered look and to prevent the skirt from losing the stretch, stretch the waist band tight while pinning the lace onto the band.
- Once you have finished pinning the lace, sew it into place(You want to pull the elastic tight while you sew just like you did when pinning it)
- Hem and sides and edges that you have left that need attention
For more step by step help and pictures that describe what you are doing please check out the following website
Starting last year lace shorts were becoming more and more popular as the summer went on and then the seasons changed, but that didn’t stop the shorts from coming back this spring season. Last summer I saw lost of lace shorts that were higher priced that looked fabulous but you didn’t want to have to sell an arm for so I found a solution, DIY! This is a great way to create the shorts you desire and not break your piggy bank while doing it!
What you will need:
- Pair of soffee shorts(or any shorts you want to use)
- Lace fabric
- Fabric glue
Steps to creating lace shorts:
1. Go to your nearest craft store and find the lace that you would love to see on your new pair of shorts. Great places to find lace fabric would be Jo-Ann Fabric Store or Michael’s.
2. Take a pair of shorts, I recommend Soffee shorts, they are comfortable and great for this type of project! Take your shorts and lay them out with the strips of lace on top.
3. Measure and cut the strips of lace so that it will be the same length as your shorts.
4. Take your fabric glue and glue just the top part of the lace so that you get a layered look! You want to start your next line of lace right about where the previous one ended.
5. After you are done applying the strips of lace to your shorts make sure you hang them up to dry all the way before wearing them!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY and to try it out for yourself! It is a simple and easy way to create the look without having to go and buy $100 pair of shorts!
Since the weather is starting to warm up the fun and fashionable rompers are coming back into people’s wardrobes. These easy to style, easy to wear clothing items are great for this season. With so many different patterns, rompers are great to pair with any accessory and can be throw on for almost any occasion!
Great places to find rompers:
- Forever 21
- H & M
- Charlotte Russe
$42 – energetiks.com.au
$45 – hm.com
$42 – lipsy.co.uk
$23 – fashionunion.com
$23 – missrebel.co.uk
Perfect Occasions to wear them:
- Birthday Party
- Dinner with friends
- Casual work day
- Pool Party
- Lunch date
When shopping for rompers make sure you try them on because the sizing runs different for different rompers. The shorts on the rompers could ride up higher than you may like so make sure you are getting the right size!